What is a Court Operations Specialist?
The Court Operations Specialist is responsible for administrative and clerical duties related to Grand Jury proceedings. They are also responsible for providing access to public records to the public, legal community, Courts, County, and other governmental agencies.
Typical tasks include things like processing and issuing confidential Grand Jury documents - including jail releases, warrants, indictments, and orders. Proofreading and editing documents for accuracy and detail, maintaining the confidentiality of all closed (pending) Grand Jury cases, and preparing administrative paperwork for the empanelment and orientation of the jurors.
Many of these roles require only a high school diploma, but usually require a bit more experience than a courtroom clerk.
Typical Job Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED
- Three (3) years of legal, court, or justice system support related experience such as, justice system clerk experience in a court operations environment
- Intermediate proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet, and email software
A Preferred Candidate Has:
- Four (4) or more years of experience performing clerical job duties in a court or legal environment
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and Word
You can view available Clerk of Court opportunities and apply online.
All job applications are processed by the Maricopa County Human Resources. You will be redirected to the Maricopa County Jobs Page in order to view jobs and complete the application process.