Clerk of Court Updates
The Clerk of the Superior Court in Maricopa County is currently monitoring information being provided by Maricopa County and the Arizona Department of Health Services (ADHS). At this time, most Clerk of Court facilities are open and available for service during regular business hours. As we learn more, there may be impacts to our services in certain areas and/or during a specified period of time.
- Beginning June 4, 2020 the Public Access Terminals located at the Downtown Customer Service Center are now open to the public.
- Beginning June 1, 2020 face coverings will be required in order to enter Clerk offices located within court buildings. Learn more.
- Beginning April 27, 2020, the Southeast facility is open to the public for filings only.
- Beginning April 1, 2020, marriage license applications are now available by mail.
- Beginning March 23, 2020, marriage license services will be available via appointment only and passport services will no longer be provided. All appointments made prior will be honored. This temporary change will be in effect until further notice. For passport services, please visit the U.S. Department of State website for alternate passport acceptance facilities.
- Beginning March 19, 2020, the Clerk's Counter in the Law Library Resource Center (LLRC) will only be available for protective order matters and injunctions against harassment, until further notice. View alert.
Consistent with public health recommendations, we have additional staff cleaning more often in public areas such as elevators, restrooms, service centers and filing counters. The solution used in the cleaning process is approved by the Center for Disease Control as an anti-viral product to combat COVID-19. Our employees have been reminded to do things like wash their hands regularly, maintain social distancing, increase sterilization, cover coughs and sneezes, keep frequently touched surfaces clean, as well as other precautions.
Recommendations for accessing our services:
- Where possible, those who seek to file documents with the courts are encouraged to electronically file (in eFile-applicable case types), use external filing depository boxes, or to mail their filings. You can find a list of available filing options on our Filings page.
- Where possible, please limit large parties (groups of ten or more) at our service center locations.
- Customers who meet the criteria for exposure to COVID-19 or who are actively showing symptoms are advised against entering Clerk of Court service center locations.
- To the extent possible, those seeking copies of public records are encouraged to avoid in-person visits and use alternative options. You may request copies of public records via email, phone, fax, or mail. Details on public records request options may be found on our Obtaining Records page.
The Clerk’s Office has been receiving inquiries with regard to the status of scheduled hearings and in-person proceedings before the Maricopa County Superior Court. The Clerk’s Office does not maintain the Court’s hearing calendar, so the Clerk’s Office is unable to provide information with regard to the status of scheduled court hearings and proceedings. If you are an attorney or party to case and have questions concerning the status of an already scheduled hearing or proceeding, please contact the division of the judicial officer assigned to your case for additional information. Please visit the Superior Court's COVID-19 Alert page for more information. You can also find call-in details to listen to Superior Court proceedings remotely by visiting the Superior Court's Court Calendar Page.
If you do not know the judicial assignment of a case, please contact the following Court Administration Departments for information with regard to the status of scheduled hearings and in-person proceedings:
- Civil/Tax/Lower Court Appeals: 602-506-1497
- Juvenile: 602-506-4533
- Criminal: 602-506-8575
- Family: 602-506-1561
- Probate/Mental Health: 602-506-3668
Please visit this page regularly to stay current in regard to any impacts to our services.
Last Updated: 6/5/2020