The Tour the Clerk Experience is a tour program offered to students 11 years of age and older. It is designed to offer students the chance to learn about the downtown facilities of the Maricopa County Clerk of the Superior Court, meet and chat with the elected clerk, and visit and observe Maricopa County Courtrooms. The Tour is designed to give students the opportunity to learn more about the Office of the Clerk, including what the office does, how the office operates and how the office works with the Superior Court to provide fair and equitable access to justice.
Students may participate in a series of activities that include visiting the customer service center, observing presentations, viewing evidence, touring the old courthouse museum, and chatting with a civil or criminal court judge. Students are encouraged to ask questions and be inquisitive, so that they may learn more about how the justice system operates. Tours may last 4-5 hours, and students and attendees are provided lunch. All tours are scheduled to begin at 10:00 a.m. A minimum of 6 attendees is required to participate. For questions, please email our communications division.
• Tour of the customer service center
• Visit and discussion with the elected Clerk of the Court
• Tour of the Exhibit facilities
• Visit and discussion with a civil/criminal court judge
• Tour of a civil/criminal courtroom
• Tour of the law library resource center (LLRC)
• Tour of the old courthouse building
• Tour of the Phoenix Police Museum
To participate, please complete the tour application form.